If you’re a fan of classic cars with a modern twist, then the Supercharged 408 Vortec-Powered 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 2-Door Hardtop is sure to leave you in awe. This magnificent piece of automotive history was modified under prior ownership by Bones Fab of Camarillo, California, resulting in a true masterpiece. Let’s dive into the details and features that make this beauty stand out.
Stripped, Refinished, and Revamped
The modification journey began with a thorough process of stripping and refinishing the body in 2016. The car now sports a stunning red finish, beautifully accentuating its vintage curves. Its unique features include a wrap-around windshield, rear window, and aluminum quarter-panel trim inserts, ensuring an unmistakable presence on the road.
Power and Performance
Under the hood, this ’57 Bel Air packs a punch with its supercharged 408ci Vortec V8 engine. The power plant underwent an overhaul and received an SCAT stroker rotating assembly, GM Performance camshaft, and LS3 cylinder heads. Complemented by a Magnuson supercharger and a Holley Dominator EFI system, this classic beauty now boasts breathtaking power and performance.
Stylish and Comfortable Interior
Step inside, and you’ll be greeted by a tastefully designed tan leather interior with diamond-patterned inserts, extending to the door panels. The cabin exudes a timeless charm, and modern amenities like air conditioning, power windows, and a RetroSound stereo connected to JBL Audio speakers enhance the driving experience.
Advanced Technology and Functionality
The Supercharged 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air doesn’t only rely on its nostalgic appeal; it’s also equipped with cutting-edge technology. The Dakota Digital instrumentation keeps track of essential metrics, while the Flaming River steering column ensures precise control on the road.
To ensure a smooth and dynamic ride, this Bel Air sits on an Art Morrison chassis, featuring tubular front control arms, a four-link rear suspension, and adjustable JRi coilovers. The power steering and Hydroboost power brake system with Wilwood calipers further elevate the driving experience, making it a joy to navigate any road.
The Ultimate Powertrain
The heart of this masterpiece, the supercharged Vortec V8, delivers power to the rear wheels via a 4L80E four-speed automatic transmission and a 9″ rear axle. The combination of the Precision Torque 2,500-rpm-stall torque converter and custom dual exhaust system with Borla Pro XS mufflers ensures a symphony of thrilling sounds while unleashing its might.
Uniting Vintage Elegance and Modern Performance
Incorporating the best of both worlds, this modified 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air exemplifies the perfect harmony between vintage elegance and modern performance. Its bold presence on the road is a testament to the meticulous craftsmanship and engineering that went into its creation.
Own a Piece of Automotive History
If you’re captivated by this automotive marvel, you’ll be delighted to know that the modified Bel Air is now available in Maryland through a selling dealer. With build records and a clean California title, this vintage beauty is ready to hit the road and be the center of attention wherever it goes.
The Supercharged 408 Vortec-Powered 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air is a living embodiment of automotive excellence. Its striking appearance, powerful performance, and modern comforts make it a standout in the world of classic cars. Embrace the charm of a bygone era while indulging in the thrilling experience of a supercharged powerhouse.
- What makes the Supercharged 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air special? The Bel Air’s unique combination of vintage styling and a supercharged V8 engine sets it apart from other classic cars.
- Who modified the ’57 Bel Air, and what was involved in the process? The car was modified by Bones Fab of Camarillo, California. The process included body refinishing, interior re-trimming, and installing an Art Morrison chassis with performance upgrades.
- What is the engine’s configuration in the modified Bel Air? The car features a supercharged 408ci Vortec V8 engine with LS3 cylinder heads and a Magnuson supercharger.
- Are there any modern amenities in the car’s interior? Yes, the cabin comes equipped with air conditioning, power windows, and a RetroSound stereo system connected to JBL Audio speakers.
- Where can I find this modified Bel Air for purchase? The car is now offered by a selling dealer in Maryland, complete with build records and a clean California title.